We believe in a better world for the animals and animal lovers of our community. We come in to work to change lives. Click on the video to learn more about why we are so passionate about what we are building here.
In addition to a family-owned and team-based atmosphere, we offer qualifying employees the following benefits:
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Medical Insurance
- 401K/Safe Harbor Plan
- Continuing Education
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Pet Care Discounts
- Short/Long Term Disability
Registered Veterinary Technicians
Non Registered Inpatient Treatment Technicians
Duties vary depending on license
Reports to: Practice Manager
Under the direct supervision of the Practice Manager, the veterinary inpatient technician works together to provide technical support and day to day care as instructed by the staff veterinarians. This includes interviewing and educating clients while obtaining a complete medical history, animal handling, restraint, medical assessments, and updating the electronic medical record. It is also the treatment technicians’ duties to ensure that they answer all the clients’ questions prior to them leaving, they have a clear understanding of the Veterinarian’s recommendations and that client expectations are exceeded at every visit.
- Provide necessary therapy
- Give injections including anesthetic agents under direct supervision of the doctor
- Perform routine laboratory analyses, including hematology, serology, blood
- Chemistry, urinalysis, and fecals
- Monitor anesthetized patients
- Assist in surgery
- Administer oral drugs including anesthetic and controlled substances, colonic irrigation, wound dressings and fluid therapy
- Prepare cultures for bacteriological examination
- Perform emergency procedures including: control bleeding; administer parenteral fluids and pharmacological agents under veterinary supervision; resuscitate with oxygen; perform external cardiac massage; apply temporary bandages or splints; provide external supportive treatment of wounds, burns, and heat prostration
- Provide client education regarding nutrition, parasite control, vaccination protocols, spaying and neutering, and other topics
- Counsel clients regarding home care, medication administration, post-operative care,
- Maintain all logs for controlled substances and records corresponding to necessary activities and equipment
- Take, develop and record radiographs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform surgical preparation of patient and surgical site
- Fill prescriptions and prepare medications as prescribed by veterinarian
- Enter services provided in medical records and/or the computer
- Receive hospitalized and transfer patients
- Prepare and send out outside lab tests
- Notify doctor of lab results
- Clean and sterilize instruments
- Maintain lab and surgical supplies and equipment, including cold trays, sterile surgery packs, oxygen and anesthesia machines, centrifuge and microscopes
- Ability to place IV catheters, provides fluids, and monitor administration.
- Ability to perform toe nail trims, express anal glands, wing, and beak trims.
- Ability to provide cross coverage as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain and relay information with all those contacted throughout the course of the work day.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Diplomatic social skills to maintain the highest level of cooperation team members in other areas of the hospital. .
- Motivated to the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to lift 35lbs without assistance
- Ability to open/close various types of containers with or without tools
- Ability to use a step ladder or stool
- Ability to reach above your head with arms stretched holding product
- Ability to bend down or squat or use stairs to basement
- Ability to walk the various types of terrain around the facility
Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
Human Resources Manager
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND PAYROLL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in ensuring compliance with company pay and benefits policies
- Assists in ensuring all new/rehired employees are entered into the payroll system
- Assists in ensuring the payroll system is updated with all pay, job and personal information changes
- Assists in ensuring a current work schedule is maintained in I Solved
- Assists in ensuring I Solved is kept up to date with any scheduler/timekeeper changes
- Assists in ensuring compliance with the DOL wage and hour division regulations.
- Assists in properly communicating new and existing benefits programs and policies and procedures.
- Reports terminations timely to ensure proper COBRA notification is given
- Backup to executive assistant for payroll processing
SUPERVISORY / PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review employee performance evaluations and make recommendations for pay increases, promotions and or performance improvement plans as deemed appropriate.
- Counsel and discipline personnel as necessary up to and including termination.
- Establishes and maintains effective two-way communication and understand the needs and concerns of employees.
- Maintains an organized work environment and ensures filing is completed in a timely manner.
- Attends and participates in regular staff meetings, leadership meetings, safety meetings and Board of Directors meetings when requested.
- Follows AHI policies and procedures manual.
- Assists in payroll and benefits budgeting
- Other duties as assigned.
We currently do not have any openings at this location but we do at our main campus. Please click here to explore our available opportunities!